We’ve compiled a list of 40 Insightful quotes from Martin Shkreli on how to create wealth. Investor, Shkreli is the co-founder of the hedge fund MSMB Capital Management and Turning Pharmaceuticals.
In 2006 Fortune magazine estimated the then 32-year old with a net worth of at least $45,000,000.
Top 40 Martin Shkreli quotes about wealth creation
1. Invest in yourself; nothing is going to come easy.
2. I think there is a sufficient body of evidence that I’m not obsessed with money if I’m obsessed with anything it’s with knowledge and learning things.
3. If you are looking for ‘get rich’ quick tips, I’m telling you there’s no such thing.
4. The best investment funds are having a very hard time making any amount of money. So if you think you can do it, you’re wrong first of all.
5. Don’t get fooled into thinking you can somehow beat the markets easily. You can if you’re spending your whole life on the markets.
6. You should focus on getting skills that will help you earn more money.
7. Do what you are really good at for money, why would you do something you want to partially do for money?
8. Innovate, create, inspire. Make something don’t trade pieces of paper.
9. Know everything about the field you want to make connections in.
10. Schools will not teach you how to invest.
11. Professors have never invested a dollar. What can they teach you?
12. There are so many ways to make money in this country right now.
13. There are a lot of people in America that don’t even understand there’s a path to success. They assume that there is no path, so it won’t happen for them.
14. A good software developer with twelve months of training; you can make a quarter of a million dollars a year.
15. The opportunity is there if you really want it and you’re really hungry.
16. You’ve got to support yourself with all the skills and knowledge that you can. It’s not easy at all; you’ve got to work 18 hours a day, if necessary.
17. Don’t assume because I send out a couple of tweets that I’m not waking up at 6 am and working my ass off all day.
18. You see the amount of hard work it takes to work just into one stock, it takes 100 hours of work to even buy a share of one stock. That’s the amount of homework I do.
19. Believe that you can do it. There are people that came to this country with their shirts on their backs and became billionaires. You can have a decent living; you don’t need to become a billionaire.
20. I just had a lot of good ideas, allot of energy and investors that believed in me, so they invested in me. They were richly rewarded for doing so.
21. When there’s a will there’s a way. Just believe in yourself, work hard and you’ll get there trust me.
22. First of all don’t ever let someone tell you that what you want to do is a bad idea, just because you want to do it – is a good idea.
23. People who are really rich are the ones that are happy with no money. They are doing whatever they are doing that is making them money and they don’t notice the money (wealth coming in).
24. Investing is not for the faint of heart; it’s kind of like MMA. Why would you want to fight Brock Lesnar if you look like me?
25. If the best investors in the world right now are having trouble making money, how are you going to do it?
26. If you are not willing to become a professional investor, I don’t think you should invest.
27. The deal as to be good for them first and foremost, that’s it.
28. Don’t talk about you, you keep talking about you. It’s not about you but making your investors money.
29. You need to show your investors deals that are really good deals and you pray that they cut you in on it.
30. My wealth goes up every day.
31. You’ve got to be a real moron to listen to music while you work. Why would you add distractions?
32. I never took it (money) seriously, still, don’t. And the people who do that ends up the richest. The people who obsess after small amounts of money, maybe they make a million or two, spending it in the Hamptons and having parties. They are never happy; they’re always chasing the next thing that they can’t afford.
33. There are a lot of ups and downs in business. You’ve got to be willing to pick yourself up when you make mistakes and keep fighting and grinding for success.
34. I’m wrong 45% to 40% of the time, something like that. That’s very good.
35. I’m a fierce competitor. I crush everything in my path, that’s what Bill Gates did, that’s what Mark Zuckerberg did. It’s called being a businessman.
36. Why would I help my competitors?
37. Part of the way that you convince people that you know what you are doing is by working really hard and you show them what you are made of.
38. Most of you should focus on your job. If someone’s paying you money right now that’s a good start. Hopefully, someone’s paying you money to work. And you should become the best person at that work.
39. No matter what job you’re in now you can turn that into an unbelievable successful career and make millions.
40. I’ve spent a long time doing things for other people, and I need to start doing things for me now a little bit.