Do you struggle with productively managing your time? If you do, we have 30 tips that might be the solution to you living a focused successful day.
The difference between high achievers and average people is solely how they manage their time and resources. If you want to succeed learn to be the master of your time.
1. Program yourself to treat your work as a hobby and as a new source of entertainment.
2. Set a specific time to check your e-mail throughout the day to enable yourself to be proactive instead of reactive.
3. Get straight to the point when communicating your ideas.
4. Don’t follow the behaviour patterns of society today. By ignoring the gossip blogs and social media platforms like Facebook, you’re more likely to be successful than the majority in society who choose to allow themselves to get distracted.
5. Act as if you are the most confident person in world – the more confidence you possess, the more resources and opportunities you will spot.
6. Don’t be afraid to make a decision. Those who are indecisive never accomplish anything beyond mediocrity.
7. Get rid of your limiting beliefs and weed out the thoughts that hinder you from becoming better.
8. Remind yourself that nobody is more talented or smarter than you; so don’t feel that you have less ability than your co-workers.
9. Go the extra mile. Put in more hours, more effort and more concentration in accomplishing your daily task to stretch your capacity for focusing.
10. Work harder then everyone you know and create a reputation as the hardest working person.
11. Remember that luck is given to the person who works the hardest and who prepares the most.
12. Never procrastinate again.
13. Place your goals on your mobile phone screen saver.
14. Place your goals on your computer screen saver.
15. Broadcast your goals to your peer group so they can hold you accountable for achieving what you set out to achieve.
16. Make time during the weekend to revaluate your short and long-term goals.
17. Be ruthless with your time.
18. Don’t ever allow others to create your schedule. You must be in control of your time to ensure that you realise your goals.
19. Get yourself a PA, if you can afford one.
20. Delegate as much as possible to leverage time.
21. Challenge yourself to improve your productivity by at least 10% a day.
22. Write the best possible plan to achieve your goals and stick to it.
23. If you find yourself slacking or being lazy don’t dwell on it, instead pick yourself up and get back to work in a focused gear.
24. Don’t confuse being busy with being productive.
25. Tell your friends kindly not to phone you when you are at work.
26. Stop trying to please others by neglecting your work to accommodate their schedule.
27. If you want to be great, prepare to feel lonely at times. You can’t expect others to hold your hand on your journey towards success.
28. Only associate yourself with those you admire or those who push you beyond the limits you have placed on yourself.
29. Get in the habit of using affirming positive words until your subconscious mind is saturated with empowering thoughts which will, in turn, direct you to achieve.
30. Learn from your mistakes and refuse to make the same mistake twice.